I had the chance the other night to see the Cinematics Live for the second time in the past few months. These four simply charming lads from Glasgow played their last night of a 70 something day tour of the US, at TT Bears in Cambridge, Mass. If you didn't see them on this tour--you MISSED out on a great show. Good thing is that they are coming back to a venue near you very soon. They will be opening for the Bravery starting next week.
After seeing the Cinematics open for OK-GO a few months back, I have been patiently waiting for there debut CD "A Strange Education"...I was not disappointed. I had a copy of 'Break' their first single here in the US and loved it. Scott Rinning's voice is reminiscent of the great voices of British New Wave Era--he will have you coming back for more and more. Musically the band makes you want to get up and dance. The hooks, the drums and the vocals really rock. The more you listen to the CD your favourite song will change and deservedly so! This really helps out so your not bored with a CD after a few listens and you WILL NOT be bored with this CD!
"Strange Education" starts off with the solid track 'Race to the City' and then the excitement really revs up with the single 'Break'! Next, is the title track 'A Strange Education' sharp crisp tune (one of my favourites) that doesn't disappoint! 'Human' is the next song on the CD and it is a song that will touch anyone who has been in love before. My favourite song on the CD has to be 'Maybe Someday' because it struck a cord of something that happened to me many years ago--I wish I had written it. Now for the song that I didn't like at all, till I saw it performed lived and now I love it---'Asleep at the Wheel'. The live performance of this song made me do U- turn---this song live is a reminder of all the glory days of shoegazing music. Seeing 'Asleep at the Wheel' live really won me over. It was so amazing it brought me back to the days of "Ride" and "Lush" it has really became a favourite of mine.
Go out and BUY this CD! Go out and SUPPORT the Cinematics for the next few weeks at shows all over the country. Visit there MYSPACE site or there own website Cinematics. You can download their songs right from their website or go to your local CD store and get it NOW!
This CD is 95/100!
PS--Above is the Set List for TT Bears Show!
