StubHub--Your Place to Buy and Sell Concert Tickets

Monday, November 27, 2006

Fratellis, The Cinematics and Vega4

About 2 weeks ago I got to see the the newest Glasgow sensation in concert here in Boston. They are called the Cinematics. This 4 piece was amazing! Even though with limited airplay here in the US and no CD as of yet (being released sometime early in the new year), they played to a very upbeat crowd at the Avalon. They belted out an incredible version of the single BREAK amongst the 7 or 8 songs they did. This young 4 piece has a great future ahead of them. Go out and see them if you can and make sure you buy the CD when it is released---I will let you know when it comes out.

Another sensation from Glasgow(time for a roadtrip?) are The Fratellis! Now what can I say about the debut CD 'Costello Music'...hmmm this has to be one of the top new releases this year by far! Just think of going to the pub and having a sing a long to your favourite music---thats what you have from beginning to end of 'Costello Music'! This CD hooked me in and never disappointed. This might be the first time in 30 plus years of buying music that I liked EVERY SONG from the first listen on. Some CD's take many listenings too--this CD blew me away from the second I pushed play! This CD is just plain FUN! One can only hope they come to US early in 2007 to give the US a hint of what good music is! Instead of talking about each song---JUST GO BUY THE CD!! NOW! You will love it! Rated 99/100!


Vega4 are from London via the world. Vega4 are John McDaid vocals and guitar, Simon Walker bass, Bruce Gainsford guitar and Bryan McLellan drums. This 4 piece which has been featured on TV's smash hit "Greys Anatomy", with the single 'Life is Beautiful'. The new CD from Vega4 'You & Others' reached my post office box late last week and I am in AWE! Another CD that MUST BE in your collection. The single 'Life is Beautiful' right now is my favourite song of the year. John's voice is a magnificent mix with the driving guitars and pounding drums that puts life in focus, at least for me. Your taken back to a special place in your own life as you listen this masterpiece. As you listen to the CD you will be reminded of other great UK bands like Snow Patrol and Embrace. Vega4 will be a force to deal with in the upcoming year and years to come. This is another band that I hope heads for the states in 2007. Rated 95/100.

No comments: